The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency mandated to coordinate the Placement of Government Sponsored Students to Universities and Colleges.
This is done through career guidance and placement to training institutions for certificate, diploma and degree courses. Applications for courses are submitted online through the Student’s Portal which can be accessed through the KUCCPS website www.kuccps.a.c.ke.
Kenya aspires to be an industrialised country by the year 2030 as laid out in the Vision 2030. In the coming five years, the Government is focusing on the Big Four Agenda, which include manufacturing for job creation; affordable housing; universal healthcare; and agriculture for food security.
They present a great opportunity for employment of our young people who have the required skills.
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is calling on our Kenyan youth to join the National Polytechnics and other Technical and Vocational Training Institutes and acquire these important skills.
WHAT’S THE PLAN?
The KUCCPS is giving a final chance to those who wish to join National Polytechnics, Technical Training Institutes and Vocational Training Institutes in the September 2018 intake. The online application portal is open for those who have not yet been admitted to apply from Wednesday, August 1, 2018 to Wednesday on August 15, 2018.
The minimum requirements are as follows:
1. Mean Grade of E and Above for Artisan Certificate Courses
2. Mean Grade of D and Above for Craft Certificate Courses
3. Mean Grade of C – and Above for Diploma Courses
GOVERNMENT FEE SUBSIDY FOR TVET STUDENTS
The Government has issued the following fee directive to polytechnics, technical training institutes and vocational training institutions.
1. Total fees charged must not be more than Ksh 56,420 per student per year.
2. Of the total fees, the Government will pay Ksh 30,000 for each student directly to the college. The balance of Ksh 26,420 may be raised by applying for a loan from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
3. A student must apply for placement to a TVET institution through KUCCPS to benefit from the Government fee subsidy.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applications must be done online through the Student’s Portal, which also has a list of the available certificate and diploma courses and their requirements.
- A student must Log In to be able to apply.
- Applicants are required to select up to four courses in their preferred order of priority, where Choice No. 1 is the applicant’s most preferred course and Choice No. 4 is the least preferred course.
- The placement will take into account the student’s qualifications and order of priority as listed in the choices.
- More information may be found under Downloads.
The deadline for application is August 15, 2018.
For more information, visit the KUCCPS offices at the ACK Garden House (Ground & 3rd Floors), on 1st Ngong Avenue, Community Area, Nairobi, or call 020 5137400 / 0723 954 927 / 0734 879 662. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find us on Facebook (Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service) and Twitter (@KUCCPS_Official).
Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service